Copyright © 2020 William Zeitler
Skip to content
- A Prayer. Pertaining to Dauid.
Hearken, O Lord, to my righteousness; attend to my petition;
give ear to my prayer on lips not deceitful.
- From before your countenance may my judgment come forth;
let my eyes see straightforwardness.
- You tested my heart; you visited by night;
in fire you tested me, and no injustice was found in me.
- That my mouth might not speak of the deeds of people,
on account of the words from your lips, I kept to harsh ways.
- Restore my steps in your paths,
lest my steps be shaken.
- I, I cried out, because you hearkened to me, O God;
incline your ear to me, and hear my words.
- Wondrously show your mercies,
you saving those hoping in you
from those that withstand your right hand.
- Guard me as the eye’s pupil;
in the shelter of your wings you will shelter me
- from the countenance of the impious that distress me.
My enemies beset my soul;
- their fat they shut up;
their mouth spoke arrogance.
- Casting me out, they then encircled me;
their eyes they set to incline at the ground.
- They seized me like a lion ready for prey
and like a whelp living in hiding.
- Arise, O Lord; anticipate them, and overthrow them;
save my soul from the impious,
your sword from the enemies of your hand.
- O Lord, from few things from earth
separate them in their lives.
And with your hidden things their belly was filled;
they were fed with sons,
and they left the remnants to their infants.
- But as for me, in righteousness I will appear to your countenance ;
I will be fed when your glory appears.