Copyright © 2020 William Zeitler
Skip to content
- A Psalm. Pertaining to Dauid.
To you, O Lord, I lifted up my soul, O my God.
- In you I trust; may I not be put to shame,
nor let my enemies laugh at me.
- Indeed, those who wait for you shall NOT be put to shame;
let those who are foolishly lawless be shamed.
- Make known to me, O Lord, your ways,
and teach me your paths.
- Guide me to your truth,
and teach me, because you are God, my savior,
and for you I waited all day long.
- Remember your acts of compassion, O Lord,
and your mercies, because they are from forever.
- The sins of my youth and my acts of ignorance do not remember;
because of your mercy, remember me,
for the sake of your kindness, O Lord!
- Kind and upright is the Lord;
therefore he will set a law for people sinning in the way.
- He will guide the meek in justice;
he will teach the meek his ways.
- All the ways of the Lord are mercy and truth
for those seeking his covenant and his testimonies.
- For the sake of your name, O Lord—
and you will pardon my sin, for it is great.
- Who is the person fearing the Lord?
He will set a law for him in the way he chose.
- His soul will lodge in goodness,
and his seed will inherit land.
- The Lord is empowerment for those fearing him,
and the name of the Lord is for those fearing him,
and his covenant is for making clear to them.
- My eyes are ever toward the Lord,
because it is he that will pull my feet out of a snare.
- Look upon me and have mercy on me,
because I am an only child and poor.
- The afflictions of my heart were enlarged;
forgive me all my sins.
- See my humiliation and my trouble,
and forgive all my sins.
- Behold my enemies, that they multiplied,
and with unjust hatred they hated me.
- O guard my soul, and deliver me;
may I not be put to shame, because I hoped in you.
- The innocent and upright attached themselves to me,
because I waited for you.
- Redeem Israel, O God,
out of all its afflictions.