- At the end. A Psalm. Pertaining to Dauid.
- May the Lord hearken to you in the day of affliction!
May the name of the God of Iakob protect you!
- May he send you help from a holy place
and support you from Sion.
- May he remember your every sacrifice,
and let your whole burnt offering grow fat.
- May he give to you according to your heart,
and your every plan may he fulfill.
- We will rejoice in your deliverance,
and in our God’s name we will past.
May the Lord fulfill all your requests.
- Now, having known that the Lord saved his anointed;
he will hearken to him from his holy heaven;
the deliverance of his right hand is with acts of sovereignty.
- These [boast] in chariots, and those in horses,
but we will boast in the name of the Lord, our God.
- They were shackled and fell,
but we rose and were set upright.
- O Lord, save your king,
and hearken to us in the day we call upon you.
(The Greek Septuagint (LXX) numbers this ‘Psalm 19’, the Hebrew Masoretic Text (MT) numbers it ‘Psalm 20’,)