Copyright © 2020 William Zeitler
Skip to content
- A stele inscription. Pertaining to Dauid.
Guard me, O Lord, because in you I hoped.
- I said to the Lord, “My Lord you are,
because you have no need of my goodness.”
- To the holy ones in his land—
he made marvelous all his will in them.
- Their infirmities were multiplied;
after which they were quick;
I will not gather their gatherings due to [spilled] blood
or remember their names with my lips.
- The Lord is the portion of my inheritance and of my cup;
you are the one restoring to me my inheritance.
- Boundary lines dropped for me in the most excellent places;
and indeed, my inheritance is most excellent to me.
- I will bless the Lord who instructs me;
moreover, until night my kidneys disciplined me.
- I was seeing the Lord always before me,
because he is at my right, that I not be shaken.
- Therefore my heart was glad,
and my tongue rejoiced;
moreover, my flesh will encamp in hope,
- because you will not abandon my soul to Hades
nor give your devout to see corruption.
- You made known to me ways of life.
You will fill me with gladness with your countenance;
in your right hand are delights, forever.