- The Lord shepherds me, and I will lack nothing.
- In a grassy place, there he made me encamp;
By water of rest he nourished me;
- My soul he restored.
He led me into paths of righteousness
for his name’s sake.
- For even if I walk among the shadows of death,
I will not fear evil, because you are with me;
Your rod and your staff — they comforted me.
- You prepared before me a table over against those oppressing me;
You anointed my head with oil,
And your cup was supremely intoxicating.
- And your mercy will pursue me all the days of my life,
And my dwelling in the house of the Lord house is for length of days.
(The Greek Septuagint (LXX) numbers this ‘Psalm 22’, the Hebrew Masoretic Text (MT) numbers it ‘Psalm 23’,)